Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Life as a quake bar... ok... make it a twinkie...

i have often been told that my taste and concept in everything is something not very filipino -- that i'm simmered and drowned in everything very post-colonial american... remember px goods? hershey's chocolate bars, gap t-shirts, levi's jeans, koolaid juice mix/es???

and ok, even my tast in entertainment is shameful...! i don't listen to filipino pop music, well, some rock bands will do -- "will do...!" -- why? because i prefer american, even uk pop music... jamaican reggae music, pre-punk/punk/post-punk uk music, folk-rock/ blues/ dixieland music from southern american states, and some alternative music from the american westcoast... some of our rock bands sound like them, so i prefer not to listen to xeroxes of my heroes...

and i admit to not speak our language very well, in fact, i'm quite lousy @ it... because i'm cebuano... and visaya is as foreign to tagalog as french is to the english language... hahaha, my analogies... will get me in trouble someday... the purists will probably snatch me in the middle of the night, complete with torches and stakes and burn me a few feet outside the village and hang my carcass for everyone to see -- "look anastacia, look @ what happened to her -- she had turned back on her heritage, and look what happened to her"...

even my views on politics and religion is very post-colonial american -- growing up in a baptist school and having turned my back on doing the sign of the cross made enemies for me from my devout religious friends...

i still think federal government rules! it takes away full executive powers from the president... they follow federal law, but each state has the power to overturn or override each law...! ain't that cool? real people are allowed to vote for their own state policies...! wish it happens here. no wonder they're first world, everyone gets involved with what happens to them in the future... each individual has the power to decide and act on their future...

therefore, that psyche, i try to embody -- being pro-active... only i decide for myself, what i want to happen, when it happens, and how it happens... i don't really care if people say i'm a quake bar -- brown on the outside and white on the inside...

No comments: